Easter classic thread, add the idea eternal circle of rebirth of nature, so it is inevitable in the holiday table.
* Preparation time: 1 hour +
* Cooking time: 15 to 30 min.
- 1 kilo Flour
- 40 grams Yeast
- 100 grams Sugar
- 100 grams of Manteca (and extra for the plate)
- 1 tablespoons Salt
- 6 Eggs
- Quantity to like vanilla extract
- 200 grams of candied fruit and a cup more for garnish ( optional)
- 2 tablespoons of Granela Sugar
- 2 cups of Custard
– Mix the flour with the yeast, sugar, butter at room temperature, salt, 4 eggs and vanilla essence. Knead vigorously by hand or with a mixer, for 10 to 15 minutes
– Add the diced candied fruit, knead again, 2 rolls and separate them a ring. Place them on a greased plate
– Embed the remaining whole eggs ( in shell ) but very clean and let rise until double in volume threads ( the time depends on the prevailing temperature and humidity)
– Coat the threads with custard to room temperature and bake in moderate oven (180 degrees) for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove, dotted with sugar and, if desired, decorate with candied fruit cut into cubes
– Pastry cream is made by mixing 8 tablespoons of cornstarch with one cup ( tea) of sugar, 6 egg yolks and 4. Then pour the boiling milk over the beaten eggs, stir well with wire whisk and bring the fire while beating. Cook one minute and perfumed with vanilla. Cool and use.
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Fönsterputsning Stockholm for a better looking windows.